The success of SEO is measured in how relevant, helpful content that users are getting for a keyword and what is the user experience while they visit your website. Hence, it is most important to Digital Marketers to focus on website technical SEO. In this article, you can learn about the 5 vital aspects of website technical SEO they can improve search engine ranking.
- What is SEO? How Important Is SEO for Businesses and Startups
- How to Rank in First Page of Google Search Ranking
What Is Technical SEO?
The term Technical SEO relates to all SEO activities except content optimization and link building. It helps Search Engines to easily understand your website structure, and make your website even accessible for spiders to crawl your site. Website Technical SEO will build a strong foundation and keep your website alive in the competitive digital marketing environment, and boost your search engine ranking.
Some studies reveal that a website’s online user experience and performance has the great impact on customers to decide whether to make a purchase or not. More than 75% of all the customers, complaints about their poor online experience are less likely to buy from them again. This will be backing the context.
These customers also hold page loading speed to a high standard, with a single second delay in page loading time lowering customer satisfaction by 16 percent. Some of the common online consumer complaints about websites are site crashing, error notification, and poor formatting.
Here’s The List of 5 Vital Aspects of Website Technical SEO You Should Not Neglect:
1. Website accessibility
To rank higher in Search Engine Rankings (SERP’s) and to have better engagement with the user, your website should be more accessible. It is important to all webmasters or website owners to periodically verify that their website well accessible for search engine spiders to crawl into your website and for best online user experience. Ensure that all the vital information in your website is easily discoverable. It is important to check frequently for any 404 errors and fix them.
There is about 80% of Google searches are going through mobile devices, in this context Google introduced a Mobile First Indexing System for mobile users to improve their online experience. With this sudden move, Google push webmasters to optimise their websites for mobile friendliness.
- Best mobile friendly responsive WordPress themes for websites.
- Quick Mobile SEO TIPS for Mobile Online Marketing
Pro SEO tips to improve your website’s accessibility:
- Ensure that robots.txt is not blocking any important pages from website
- Ensure that robots.txt contains the sitemap URL
- Find and fix any 404 errors and related page errors
- Compress Images, Videos, and all visual content
- Optimize page loading speed by enabling cache for website
- Use CDN for improve page loading time
2. Website structure
The website structure has high priority in the Technical SEO. A website with a well organized and linked pages will provide the better user experience. Creating clear categories and well-organized content can help users to easily navigate from one part of your website to another. Also, reduces the number of clicks and steps that take visitors to their desired page, this will adequately engage users with your business.
Ensure your web pages have well interlinked so that prospective user can easily engage with your content that led to other relevant and useful page or content of your website, they likely enjoy this convenience. Find remote pages or content that hard to find on your website and build internal links to that page or content for better results.
- Google webmasters tools guide (GSC)? & How to use it?
- How to Get High-Quality Backlinks and Increase Domain Authority
Pro SEO tips to improve website structure:
- Create an easy to access navigation menu that helps your users to get their desired page within 3 clicks from the home page
- Build Internal links for remote and hard to find pages or add them to site navigational menu
- Find broken links and fix them
3. Structured Data (Schema markup)
Structured data provides much information to search engines which help to better understand your content, pages and purpose your website. Schema (structured data) markup provides information like what, when, who, where and how to the search engines.
Schema structured data markup help businesses trying to gain extra attention in the search engine rankings (SERP) in the form of Quick Answers and other universal content. Businesses that want events included in the new Google Events SERP feature, for example, should use schema markup to gain the search engine’s attention to the event and its details.
Tips to implement correct level of schema (structured data) markup:
- Markup pages that have been optimized for Quick Answers and other rich content
- Markup any events you list on your page or transcripts for videos
- Check for common schema errors including spelling errors, missing slashes, and incorrect capitalization
- Use Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool to ensure the markup has been completed correctly
4. Website hreflang tags
As websites turn to be more technical, include developing content material in multiple languages for various people across the globe, to attract the global market, businesses will similarly need to pay much attention to the schema markup and tags used on the web pages. When hreflang tags are used well for a website, that content of that website will efficiently match with the right country and language.
Just assume, a website’s content developed in English, if the hreflang tag is well used it can help ensure that it suggests the United States version to the people from US region and United Kingdom version to the people from UK region. Displaying the incorrect version of the website to your targeted audiences can harm your business reputation and engagement.
- Quick Mobile SEO TIPS for Mobile Online Marketing
- 9 effective and actionable SEO tips for e-Commerce website
Pro SEO tips to use hreflang tags correctly:
- Use hreflang tags to ensure that Google knows which country and language that your content is intended for
- Verify that hreflang tags use proper return tags
- Use only absolute URLs with hreflang tags
- Use canonical tags to avoid duplicate content when necessary
5. Content Optimization
Well, this is the primary and most important phase in a website’s Technical SEO. Even you create a great content that can well engage with your target audiences, it still remains that the page itself must be well optimised for right keyword.
If the page does not have the right key phrases, then it is going to be a challenge for the search engines like google, bing, and yahoo to understand in which the content needs to be ranked and positioned. It is recommended to do proper analysis while doing keyword research according to the current trend, and then write sentences that link the terms and long-tail key phrases collectively to make your subject matter and understanding clear to the search engines and audiences, who consuming your content.
Pro tips to effective Technical SEO:
- Do proper keyword research to find effective and in-demand search trends
- Create sentences that effectively link multiple keywords together to show context
- Concentrate on long-tail keywords
- Place keywords in the page title, Heading tags, URL, and naturally in the content
While industry going with day by day dramatical changes in its entity and strategies, still a website’s Technical SEO remains crucial to successfully build strong websites.
We hope you enjoy the topic and take care of above five Technical SEO factors to improve your digital marketing strategy.