The Blogger City (TBC) is a place, where you can find the high-quality content like articles and trending stories from Science & Technology, Artificial Intelligence, Gadgets and Digital Marketing.
Here I am going to show you how to remove indexed pages or URLs from Google index? This article may help for webmasters and site owners. And very useful to remove outdated content from Google index data. Before doing this you read our complete guide on Google search console to dominate SERP.
Removing Content on Your Site is now very simple with Google webmasters user-friendly interface and Chrome extension. For reference, you can check below reference screenshot of Google webmasters tools.
Remove outdated content from Google index (URL Removal Tool):
Need to remove URLs or content from the index? For a small number of URLs this a simple process to remove URLs from Google index. But, if you are working on a big and old website there is a large number of URLs to remove from index data because of outdated content and many other issues. Here I am showing how to remove bulk URLs from Google.
Bulk removal process to remove URL from Google index:
Here I am going to show you a pro tip of Google Webmaster Tools. This may help you remove URLs in bulk? You just need to download Chrome extension called Bulk URL Removal Chrome Extension from Github. This Bulk URL removal tool is very useful for big websites and webmasters. This Chrome Extension may work without any issues.
How to install Chrome extension to Bulk URL removal:
- Download Google webmaster tools bulk URL removal master file from GitHub and unzip it.
- Go to chrome://extensions/ and turn on Developer mode.
- Click on Load unpacked extension . . . and load the extension.
- Finally, Select the unzipped folder and select ok.
- After install? A new extension will appear in Google Chrome extension.
- For reference check the below screenshot.
How to remove bulk URLs from Google index:
After installing the URL bulk removal tool in Google Chrome, login to your webmaster tools and navigate to crawl errors to download the list of Server error, Soft 404, Access dined and Not found (404) URLs in CSV format.
After downloading the file copy all URLs and paste it into a text file and upload the text file to Google webmaster tools remove URLs section. That’s all URLs will be added one by one into webmaster tools to remove from Google index. See the below image for reference.
How to remove tags and categories directory:
Here is the simple way to remove already indexed tags and categories from Google index data by simply following these steps.
- Login to Google Webmaster Tools.
- Navigate to Remove URLs.
- Enter URLs for Tags and categories, examples are given below.
- For Tags select Remove Directory option and enter URL such as https://xyz.com/tag/ (Replace your domain name with xyz). And hit continue.
- For Category, select Remove Directory option and enter your URL such as https://xyx.com/category/ (Replace your domain name with xyz).
- Check the above image and below image for reference.
Thanks for Reading our How to remove outdated content article. Keep sharing, follow us on Facebook for more latest updates. Let us know your opinion in the comments section.